Sunday, March 3, 2013

Penny Pinching Soldier Bio

Hi all,

I have been chatting with whoever has been listening for the past 6 months or so, and I think it is about time you know a little bit more about me.  I never want to appear to be more than what I actually am.

My name is Mike and I am in my 30s.  I am a proud husband, and proud father of two children.
I have worked at fast food restaurants, landscaping companies, telemarketing companies, and most recently have been employed with the USAF.  I have always had a love for military history, especially for the aircraft and the stories associated with them from WWII.  I am enlisted in the military, not in the officer corps.

I don't have a huge budget to play games on, but it is a lot bigger than when I was 18 and just starting out!

I find the majority of my war gaming supplies online, mainly when someone else feels like they made a mistake getting into FoW or any other game.  I snatch the stuff up at 50% off retail on the average with no intent on ever letting it go.

I look at table top gaming this way.  I am 30 now, and if I live to be 100, I have 70 years left to play with these toys...and I will never tire of them.  As long as I have a rule book and 2 armies I know I will always be able to find an opponent, even if the game systems I play today die out in the next few years.

I hope everyone who finds this never has to ask themselves, who is this guy and why does he seem to have all of this cool stuff.  I started out in 2009 in war gaming with nothing, and four years later I am just about to the point where I think I have a good collection started, but not painted yet ;)

I wish you all the best of days and happy war gaming.

Mike

-PPS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be cordial!