Saturday, March 2, 2013

X-Wing Miniatures by Fantasy Flight Games Episode IV

Hello all,

Today I want to tell you about a fantastic new game I have started playing.

X-Wing Miniatures by Fantasy Flight Games!


Now I know I am not the first person to recommend this game, nor am I the first to review it.  Actually I started playing it so late after the release that I was able to order pieces from the First and Second waves of miniatures to comprise my initial force.

Since I am able to tell you the complete story of how I got into this game, I am going to break it up into three parts.  Yes I am being cute with the title of the articles.



Why I started to play.

If you really care, I am not sure why I would so I will keep this very short.

My Brother-in-Law is a member of the 501rst Legion.  This is a group of Star Wars fans that attend Cons, charity events, Movie Releases, etc.  They all maintain their own Star Wars uniforms, and let me just say...The uniforms are AMAZING!  I love miniatures, he loves Star Wars (and I do too, but I have not gone to conventions) so it was a lock.

Short and sweet, hope you are still reading for now comes the penny pinching part!

How I Purchased My Armies

I knew I was getting into this game so I could have some ridiculously cool fun with my family when we go to visit them.  I also knew that I would only be playing this game at my or their house, and not participating in leagues at my FLGS (friendly local game shop).  I believe in supporting my local game shop whenever I can, but I also do not shy away from saving money when I cannot justify purchasing from my game shop.

So I went online to find the best deal.  After searching EBAY and all of my favorite online retailers I settled on my old favorite Atomic Empire. They were previously known as Scifi Genre, but decided to change their name recently.  This retailer for their online sales consistently provides its online customers with close to a 25% discount off of retail price.  If you purchase more than 75$ worth of goods the shipping is free.

I knew I was buying armies, not just single pieces, so the 75$ mark was easy to reach.   Oh and by the way I was buying my Brother-in-Law and my oldest nephew their starter copies into the game!  Once again making it  easier to hit the 75$ mark.



Army Cost

Here is the Breakdown

Qty.

Title
Retail Price
Atomic Empire Price
 2

Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures Game
80.00
$63.90
 1

Star Wars X-Wing: TIE Advanced Expansion Pack
14.95
$11.95
 2

Star Wars X-Wing: TIE Fighter Expansion Pack
29.90
$23.90
 2

Star Wars X-Wing: X-Wing Dice Expansion Pack
15.90
$12.70
 2

Star Wars X-Wing: X-Wing Expansion Pack
29.90
$23.90
 1

Star Wars X-Wing: Y-Wing Expansion Pack
14.95
$11.95
 1

Star Wars X-Wing: Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack
29.95
$23.99
 2

Star Wars X-Wing: Slave I Expansion Pack
59.90
$47.98
 1

Star Wars X-Wing: TIE Interceptor Expansion Pack
14.95
$11.99
Total


290.40
232.26


I am not sure that getting into any miniature game will ever be cheap, but you can't argue with a 58.00 savings.

The X-Wing miniature game is even available at Target Stores, for $39.99.  If you just hit that 75$ sweet mark, Atomic Empire will save you the dough.  Oh and to get essentially 4 starter armies for a new game system, all of the rule books, and necessary accessories like dice for under 200 dollars is unheard of.

Oh yes and the best part....The models are fully painted and they look VERY NICE!

*****I do not and have not gotten any compensation from Atomic Empire from this or any article I have written.  I have been overwhelmed by the quality of their service every time I have purchased from them.  For this reason alone have I placed links to their website on my blog.  I support products and companies I believe in and I am happy to provide them with free advertising!*****

Next Article will be the opening of the miniatures!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be cordial!